RServeCLI2, my fork of RServeCLI on GitHub

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Folks - I was eager to make improvements to this library so I've forked and hosted on github:
https://github.com/SurajGupta/RserveCLI2

I'm actively developing it right now and I'm happy to accept contributions.

Thanks to Oliver for all the hard work he put into this library.
Coordinator
May 7, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Edited May 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Hi Sfun:

Would you like to have me add you as a developer here--probably better for users than forking? I've just not been using C# or indeed the Microsoft ecosystem all that much lately, so I haven't been checking Codeplex with any frequency. Thank you so much for your efforts at making RServeCLI great--for me it was really just a quick hack to be able to use R when I was working at a Microsoft shop, so perhaps it's time to hand over the baton.

Best,

Oliver
May 7, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Hey Oliver,

Thanks so much for reaching out. Completely understandable - I'm trying to get away from the Microsoft ecosystem but I keep getting pulled back!

At this point my version of RServeCLI is non-trivially different from yours (and also uses a different version control system). Also, I much prefer Github to Codeplex. So I think its best if you put a message on the Codeplex homepage for the project that indicates you are no longer maintaining the project and point to my Github repo.

Thanks again for all of your hard work on this,
Suraj